Girl Scout Educational Scholarship
The Girl Scout Educational Scholarship was established in 1997 and recognizes the achievement and character of graduating Senior Girl Scouts who have achieved their Silver and/or Gold Award. Scholarships are awarded based on a combination of academic achievements as well as Girl Scout involvement and accomplishments.
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered a candidate for the Educational Scholarship:
- Must be a graduating, female high school senior in 2017;
- Must be a currently registered member of the Girl Scouts of the United States of America through the Girl Scouts of Western New York council and have a minimum of five years of membership in any Girl Scout organization;
- Must have attained the Silver or Gold Award;
- Must be accepted into an institution of higher learning for the Fall of 2017;
- Must demonstrate the ideals of the Girl Scout Promise and Law.
Applications are due by March 20, 2017
Kim Welsh Memorial Scholarship
The Kim Welsh Memorial Scholarship Fund was established in 1998 through the generosity of Carol and Allan Welsh in memory of their daughter, Kimberley. Scholarships will be awarded to Girl Scouts who have completed their Gold Award and who plan to attend an institution of higher learning in the year in which the application is submitted.
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered a candidate for the Kim Welsh Memorial Scholarship:
- Be a currently registered member of the Girl Scouts of the United States of America through the Girl Scouts of Western New York council.
- Received the Girl Scout Gold Award for this scouting year or have completed their project and have the final approval of the Gold Award Committee on or before March 20, 2017.
- Be a graduating high school senior, college freshman or beginning some form of higher learning in the year she is applying for the scholarship.
- Have demonstrated leadership ability in Girl Scouting and is able to document strong participation in extracurricular activities as well as service to the community.
- Submit a reference from an adult, who is not a relative, but who knows the applicant personally.
Applications are by due March 20, 2017
Hans and Charlene Schoenenberger Golden Opportunity Scholarship
Hans and Charlene Schoenenberger offer one $1,000 scholarship to a Girl Scout who has received the Girl Scout Gold Award for this scouting year or have completed their project this year and have the final approval of the Gold Award Committee on or before March 20, 2017. All eligible Gold Award recipients for the current year are automatically entered into the drawing and the recipient's name is pulled at random.
No application is required for this scholarship.
If you have further questions regarding any of the scholarships listed please contact: Bev Rhodes, Development Coordinator at 1-888-837-6410 ext. 7984 or email@example.com