When you have learned enough about subjects like dance, cooking, or math, you get a Brownie ‘Try-It’ to put on your sash or vest. This shows the world that you are an expert in that subject! As a Girl Scout Brownie you will explore your neighborhood, your city, and maybe even your state, through day trips and overnight outings. Friendship and fun activities designed for girls just your age begin at your Girl Scout Brownie meeting, where you work together as a group to reach goals like selling cookies to fund a trip or planning a holiday dinner for a needy family.
Typical Activities for Girl Scout Brownies. . .
- Taking a Girl Scout Brownie Journey – the Girl Scout Leadership Experience comes to life! Map out your Girl Scout Brownie Journey!
- Visiting a zoo to feed baby animals and learn about their care.
- Working on Girl Scout Brownie Try-Its: decorating a T-shirt.
- Planning an overnight to celebrate reaching a goal.
- Camping and making s’mores over a campfire.
- Learning to swim at summer camp.
- Having a neighborhood scavenger hunt to collect items for a food pantry.
The 2012 - 2013 program guides are here! Click here to take a look inside.