Each summer hundreds of girls, just like yourself, come to our camps. Why? Because they know they will:
- Enjoy fun and exciting activities
- Make new friends
- Feel good about themselves by learning new skills
- Do things they have never done before
- Have a GREAT time!
Summer Camp FAQs
Whether it is your first time away from home or your first time at one of our camps, you probably have a lot of questions. It’s important to have all your questions answered so you can be prepared to have FUN! Take a minute to look at some of the most frequently asked questions.
ACA (American Camp Association) Accreditation
All of our GSWNY summer camps are ACA (American Camp Association) Accredited. What does it mean to be an accredited camp? ACA Accreditation means that all five of our GSWNY summer camps submitted to a thorough (up to 300 standards) review of its operation - from staff qualifications and training to emergency management.
American Camp Association® collaborates with experts from the American Academy of Pediatrics, the American Red Cross, and other youth-serving agencies to assure that current practices at the camp reflect the most up-to-date, research-based standards in camp operation. All five GSWNY summer camps and ACA form a partnership that promotes summers of growth and fun in an environment committed to safety.
ACA helps all accredited camps provide:
- Healthy, developmentally appropriate activities and learning experiences
- Discovery through experiential education
- Caring, competent role models
- Service to the community and the environment
- Opportunities for leadership and personal growth
Camp Readiness Quiz
Are you ready for camp? Take the Ready for Camp Quiz!