Women of Distinction
Women of Distinction is Girl Scouts of Western New York's all-girl-led women's event of the year! This signature fundraising event honors women throughout Western New York for their strength in character, dedication to community service and commitment to mentoring and encouraging girls and young women.
Call for Women of Distinction Nominations!
The Girl Scouts of Western New York is seeking nominations of women for its signature event, Women of Distinction 2020.
This event celebrates outstanding Western New York women who embody the Girl Scout values of courage, confidence, and character in their professional and civic lives and therefore, are role models for today’s girls. Our honorees come from many different walks of life and align with Girl Scouts goal of developing strong girls in all sectors of society.
Each year the Girl Scouts of Western New York calls upon the public to help identify these women who exemplify excellence through their professional achievements as well as their volunteerism.
Open nominations are being accepted until March 9, 2020.
To be considered for the awards the nominee must be:
- A woman who has distinguished herself in her career, leadership, public service, academic work and/or any combination thereof.
- A woman who has contributed to the personal growth and success of others, especially women.
- A woman whose achievements create positive social change, increase equality for all, and build community through service and professionalism.
- See the FULL LIST of criteria for Women of Distinction and Volunteers of Distinction here.
To obtain a nomination form, please click here. (PLEASE NOTE: If your browser opens the form in a tab, you need to save it to your computer, then fill it out. If you fill it out in the browser window, the browser will delete all your answers when you save it.)
Questions are welcomed and may be directed to Eileen Hettich, Special Events Coordinator, at (716) 935-6030 or email@example.com.
WOD is a completely girl-run event that recognizes and celebrates the stellar professional and community achievements of WNY women!
Join us on Thursday, September 17, 2020, at 5:30 p.m.
at the Hyatt Regency Buffalo, 2 Fountain Plaza, Buffalo, NY 14202.
RSVP for the event on Thu., Sept. 17, 2020,
by clicking the register button below.
Interested in Being a Sponsor?
Sponsorship opportunities for organizations of all sizes exist. Invest in the future of girls today by sponsoring an event - 100% of your investment will stay in Western New York to help girls develop important leadership skills. Learn about sponsor opportunities and change the world by investing in girls today! (Click here for the sponsorship packet.)
For more information about this event or becoming a sponsor contact Eileen Hettich at 1.888.837.6410 x6030 or email.
2020 Women of Distinction Honorees list coming soon!
2019 Women of Distinction Honorees
- Christine Bonaguide, Esq.: Partner, Hodgson Russ LLP
- Linda Clark, M.D.: Doctor of Preventive/Occupational Medicine, Founder and CEO, Clark Occupational Medicine Services
- Tory Irgang: Executive Director, Chautauqua Region Community Foundation
- Candace Johnson, Ph.D.: President and CEO, Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Joyce A. Markiewicz: EVP, Chief Business Development Officer, Catholic Health
- Nadia Pizzaro: Homeless Services Director, BestSelf Behavioral Health, Inc.
- Katherine Conway-Turner, Ph.D.: President, Buffalo State College
- Lori Van Dusen: Founder and CEO, LVW Advisors
- Linda Zakrzewski: Volunteer of Distinction, Teacher, Family and Consumer Science, School 81 Buffalo
2019 Women of Distinction Sponsors
Sponsors as of 8/14/19
Dubisz Wealth Management
BestSelf Behavioral Health, Inc.